Friday, January 18, 2013

Minnesota, Texas and Ghana

"A Missionary leaves his family for two years, so that those he teaches may be with their families forever."

13 months ago my bigger younger brother (Kelby) left to teach the people of Minnesota. Everyone says that a mission goes super fast, well I was looking forward to a "super fast" 24 months. Well the more I started thinking seriously about a mission it sounded like something I really wanted to do. I hoped on a plane moved back to Utah. well as you know alot of "things" came up. I had lost the desire to serve. long story short 9 almost 10  months later I started on my papers. My poor parents would have 2 missionary's out! Then came Oct conference the age had been lowered boy 18 and girls 19. Guess who has a brother that was 18 and waiting to turn 19... yup me. Hunter and I turned our papers in the same day. we got our calls a week apart.
He was called to Accra Ghana and I'm going to Houston Texas! We leave March 13th and 22nd. The above quote is perfect for our family out of 4 siblings 3 of us will be serving full time missions at the same time. Kelby will return November 2013 I will return September 2014 and Hunter will return March 2015. What a blessing it is to share this exciting time with my 2 younger brothers. My moms new quote is "The bank account will be empty but the blessings will be plenty." I'm grateful to my parents who are SO willing to support 3 missionary's. Y'all know how expensive one can be, now Times it by 3! I'm so grateful for Kelby and his example to our family. I can not wait to get out and find those people who are looking for the truth.



Kelby Minnesota Minneapolis Speaking Hmong


ME! Houston Texas Speaking Spanish



Hunter Accra Ghana Speaking English



Kelbys Farewell



WE LOVE OUR SPORTS even if we cheer for different teams


yup thats my missionary badge I use to wear EVERYWHERE!


little clayci will be writing alot of letter in the next 2 years

No comments:

Post a Comment