Wednesday, February 6, 2013

4 Weeks 6 Days 15 Hours 43 Min's


4 Weeks
6 Days
15 Hours
43 Min's
That may seem far away but I'm secretly freaking out! I have so much to do and so little time.
shopping, packing, shopping, marking things off the list, more shopping, more lists. I don't think the list will ever end.
lately my emotions have been SO bipolar! One minute I'm super happy and excited to go on a mission, the next minute I'm depressed, grumpy and nervous.

A lot of people told me that when you decided to go on a mission Satan works on you harder than ever.
SERIOUSLY SO TRUE!!.... ever since I made my mind up on a mission I feel like the temptation and discouragement is never ending. I try not to dwell on all the bad things, but its hard! 

Satan doesn't want me to go on a mission, he doesn't want me to touch people life's and teach them about Christ and his church. He doesn't want me or anyone else to be happy. He doesn't want people to learn about the plan of happiness. That is why he gets under missionary's or future missionary's  skin. He knows how much of an influence just one missionary has. That is why I have to be strong. I want to tell everyone about the happiness that the gospel gives to me and my family!
I heard a quote from a girl and I'm not sure where she got it but it really had an impact on me

" The Gospel gives me more Cans than Cants"
I love this quotes so much because it is so true. Latter Day Saints follow certain rules and commandments. by following these things we are promised SO many other things. I am grateful for family and friends who support me and my decision to serve.

WE ARE THE LAST GENERATION.
The lord is providing ways for his work to move forward. 
I am ready to get out in the mission field and work hard.
By April 3,400 new Sister missionary's will be out serving, by Oct there is expected to be 90,000 Full time missionary's, how amazing is that?  This is why Satan is working so hard on all of us, trying to get us to give up or fail. I'm not about to give up.
One of my favorite primary songs is, We'll Bring the World his Truth. one of the verses really made me emotional. I have sang this song for 22 years and this verse has just stuck out to me in the last couple of days. 

We have been saved for these latter days
To build the kingdom in righteous ways
We hear the words our Prophet declares
Let each who's worthy go forth and serve

We are as the Army of Helaman
We have been taught in our youth
And we will be the Lord's missionaries
To bring the world his truth



I am really excited to be a Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know that this Church is the only true church on the earth today. I know that Joesph Smith was a prophet and that he saw God the Father and his Son Jesus Christ.I know that the Book of Mormon was written for us to use as a guide.  I know that Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet. I am so grateful for amazing examples in my life. I know that My Heavenly Father has an amazing plan for me and that he listens an answers my prayers. I am extremely over come with the love that I feel each and everyday, I am very blessed.
Xoxo- Markel 



2 comments:

  1. So excited for you girl - you'll be such a good, fun missionary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is so cute!!! That is so awesome that you made the decision to serve. How inspiring. I'm doing a blog for my best friend and it's so much fun to update. You should follow her blog...hermanasilva.blogspot.com! Congrats again and I look forward to reading your blog:)

    ReplyDelete