Monday, September 9, 2013

Faith is POWER!

My Dearest FAMILY!!!
HOW ARE WE THIS WEEK!? Man Its crazy how fast this week went! I had a really awesome week!! SUPER HAPPY BYU WON!! WOOHOOO!!!!

Well where to begin.. probably at the sad part of my week, We have been teaching a girl She is SOOO prepared it amazes me. She is ready to accept the Gospel.. One problem.. Her husband.
In the Latino culture the women have no say in ANYTHING! Seriously it is the saddest thing on earth!! We went over to her house on Tuesday and she started telling us that this would be the last time we could come over. she handed me all the pamphlets and Book of Mormon back. My heart broke. As she was telling us this she was sobbing. I couldn't help not crying as well. I asked her if we could as least share one last scripture, she said of course she wouldn't want anything else for her last lesson. We ended up sharing proverbs 3 and talked about putting our trust in God. She says she prays everyday for her husband to have a soft heart. One day I know it will happen and she will be able to accept the Gospel.
 
Back to happy stuff.. so Last Sunday we set goals. How many new investigators we want to get, how many lessons ect. Well we had set to get 5 New Investigators so all week we had NO LUCK contacting or anything. After Zone Meeting we had no set plans so we decided to go to these apartments. We started walking around and talked to 2 Ladies. They were super excited to talk with us, we taught them how to pray and they wanted to learn more. We were so excited and then about 30 mins later, I see this window close and I tell Hermana Auten lets go try that apartment. So we go over knock and she answers and LETS US IN!!! like super huge miracle!!! We sang a hymn and told her our purpose. She set up another appointment with us for tomorrow!!!
Then after, we are in total shock and we are driving and find this random street. neither of us had ever noticed it before so we turned and found tons of trailers (JACKPOT). We start knocking but no one was home. The next house we tried RUTH was home. We started talking to her and she wasn't very interested but out of NO WHERE it begins to POUR RAIN like Hurricane Sandy Style! So guess who got invited in :) yup you guessed it! we did!! the power goes off and we are just chillin in a random Ladies house.... so what do we do....we start singing hymns. SHE LOVED it! She began talking us about all the pictures in her house, showing us her kids and grand kids. She really opened up with us! We were able to share a message and she said please come next week! We didn't even have to ask for a return appointment!!! SO many miracles it was awesome!! As we set our numbers through Faith and do our best to complete them God blesses us!!
 
So Sunday was super awesome! We tried so hard allllll WEEEEK to invite our investigators to church. We get to church and President and Sister Pingree are speaking in our ward! I was so happy to hear and be with them! I love them so much! Anyways we are greeting the members and talking to people before Sacrament and 4 of our investigators WALK IN THE DOOR!!!! Seriously it is the happiest moment when you see your friends walk into church. I wanted to cry, so we are introducing them to people in the Ward and to President and Sister Pingree and we all sit down and start singing and VALENTINE AND CHRISTINA WALK IN!! ahhhhh HUGE MIRACLE because they can never make sacrament meeting because Valentine has to work until 4 everyday!! So they were able to come and see Sacrament meeting! I was so happy!! I was sitting looking around and just felts so excited to have them there!!  6 investigators at church!!!  
 
This week I was reading in the end of Alma and beginning of Helaman. Can y'all just imagine Moroni.. Dang like this guys is AWESOME!! I love how through all this trials and afflictions he goes to the Lord first. He also is so patriotic He loves is Country His Freedom his Family. He never once fights for anything besides that. I love in Alma 48:17...
"Yea, verily, verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto aMoroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the bdevil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men".
 
I heard this quote this week and I LOVE IT!!!!!  Sorry I don't know who its by.
OBEDIENCE is the  PRICE,
FAITH is the POWER,
LOVE is the  MOTIVE ,
THE SPIRIT is the  KEY,
 CHRIST IS THE REASON
 
I hope you all have a great week! Thank you for your prayers they are being felt!

P.S Shout out to the Packer Family!! Aunt Sandy, Courtnie, and Madison!! I loved getting your letters!! and Emily Otterstrom!!! Don't have to much fun in NYC with out me! I accept I <3 Ny shirts ;)
Love ya'll!!!
TEXAS FOREVER!!!
Hermana Crandall
When you pass cleaning checks you get Blue Bell Ice Cream....HOLLA!

Hey look who we found!

We saw this cookie....a sign BYU Football is missing me!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment