Tuesday, September 3, 2013

It's September!!

Hey Hey Family!
I hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day Weekend!!
 
Well First off all of you know I'M STILL IN OAKCREST!!! YAY!! I'm super happy I stayed here! The ward feels like my family ward. I love all the people here so I was super happy to be staying here in Oakcrest.

Second..... all of our investigators are doing really good!!
Last week we were able to talk to Fransisco and commit him to baptism for Sept. 28! He needs to come to church so we are praying that he will be able to. He works EVERY DAY!! yes.... every latino works everyday of the week.. so it makes it really hard to get our peeps to come to church. I honestly have never met people who work harder in my life. They do the hardest jobs for next to nothing and it breaks my heart. Fransisco wants to be baptized so bad! He is always saying Hermanita I want to go to church so I can get baptized, but if I don't work i'll be fired.. what do you say to that?? I'm not really sure.
Me and Fransisco

We are teaching a family who we met a couple weeks ago. Last Thursday we taught the Restoration. She was asking so many questions about Prophets and the Book of Mormon, she asked about the Word of Wisdom and was ready to stop drinking coffee.. It was so crazy! She was so excited to learn more. We are hoping we can get her family to church. She is nervous to come to church because in the pamphlet it shows a picture of a church and everyone is all dressed up and she doesn't have nice clothes.
 
Yesterday was a REALLY fun day! Hermana Auten and I and the other Oakcrest Hermana's went to Old town Spring with Christina.. ( our investigator) It was SOO fun. Old Town Spring has tons of cute little stores and boutiques. We walked around and window shopped :) We met some members who live in the East mission and the Hermana comes up to me and is like " Do I know you?"  umm no, I don't think so.. Anyways long story short. we are pretty much best friends. I was a little homesick that weekend and she totally made me feel like I was with family! "Tender Mercy"
The Friend I met from the Houston East mission

Old Town Spring

Texas Forever!

Window Shopping

Later we took one of the young women Michelle with us to a lesson. we were going to see Miguel he is 15 and Michelle and him know each other.. so we go and knock on his door and no answer.. I was like oh HECK no. We are not getting ditched so we sat on his porch for a second and he friend comes up and grabs Miguel's soccer cleats... Yes, from now on we are going to start collecting soccer balls and cleats, they will definitely want to listen to us then ;) So we walk up the street and see tons of latinos playing soccer.. PERFECT! We walk over and look who is there..... Miguel!.... so we start talking to him and then his friends come over and by the end we were teaching the whole soccer team the 10 commandment (with actions) :) It was super funny. Michelle was like Miguel don't mess with the Hermana's they will find you"!! We asked them all to come to the church Thursday night only 6 of them said they would but whateves it was an awesome lesson!  
 
Anyways, I'm sorry this is kinda a random, short letter! I hope you all have a great week!! THANK YOU TO THE BEST MOM IN THE WORLD FOR SENDING MY VERY OWN BYU PACKAGE! When I got it and opened it I seriously started crying.. I'm a baby.. Oh well..


 
Les Quiero Mucho!
Texas Forever
Hermana Crandall

No comments:

Post a Comment