Thursday, April 18, 2013

Week 5!


Hola hola Familia!
This week has been AMAZING!!!
Last weekend was really good we said goodbye to our favorite District in the Zone. It was bitter sweet! 9 of the Elders were going to Mexico City East and 3 Hermana's were going to New York New York North ( I might have been just a bit jealous!)
New York City North Hermana's

My BFF Elder at the MTC Elder Beesley heading to Mexico!
So Friday was an interesting day, a girl in my district walks in to our room CRYING hysterically. I asked her what was wrong and she said she was going blind. ..me and my companion looked at each other and immediately started to laugh because the first thing we thought about was no more Helen Keller jokes.. I know we are rude.. but she started laughing too. I told her to try and sleep to see if she could see after that... she  woke up and could see. She went to the Eye doctor and he told her it was just a Migraine. Then when we went to lunch that same day, one of the girls in the Zone went into quarantine...  yes THEY LOCKED HER IN A ROOM FULL OF SICK PEOPLE FOR 5 DAYS!!!!!! no one could talk to her or see her. it WAS SO CRAZY. It was quite an eventful day for a Sister Trainer Leader.

Saturday was kinda boring! All we did is studied outside. AND WE GOT OUR TRAVEL PLANS!!!!!!!!!!! We are leaving Wed. April 24th our flight leaves at 9:40AM!  I'M SOOO Excited!!! like I want to go right now!!  
Sunday we had a devotional by the head of Missionary Department Greg Droubayhe (Sp?) he talked about how much the church is using the Internet and advertising. It was way cool to see how much the church has Advertised in NYC, LONDON, LA and other places.  AND I LOVED SEEING CAMI AND AUSTIN AND KEN KEN.. it seriously made my whole week OK..... like 6 weeks ha.
My little Ken-Ken and name sake! I love her so much!
Monday was a typical Monday... LONG LONG LONG we have Class for 8 hours and then the rest is Study.. sometimes I want to cry haha. So after lunch I got a note that I had a package so I go to pick it up and NO JOKE it was in a Box almost as tall as me!! MY companion and I had to carry it. We got the strangest looks! All the Elders in my zone were freaking out! I was laughing soo hard! Inside was Tons of candy and balloons! it was so fun!! THANK YOU CRYSTAL!!


I LOVE PACKAGES!! Thank you Crystal!! Your support has been amazing!
Tuesday WAS AMAZING!!! Hermana Hosking and I taught AN amazing Lesson to our investigator. I feel like I can KINDA speak Spanish. We had a one on one evaluation with our teacher and My teacher told me that he is NOT worried about sending me in the Field!! I was seriously stressing! He said that my Spanish and teaching has improved a lot. So after that I felt a little more confident! That night we had a devotional and guess who it was... RICHARD G. SCOTT!!! It was SO amazing! You can tell when an Apostle of God is in the room. The first song we sang was Called to Serve, I think I'm going to miss singing that song in the MTC having 3000 Missionary's sing that song is SO POWERFUL!! anyway, Elder Scott talk about prayer and the relationship we need with our Heavenly Father. He told us that Heavenly Father loves us perfectly and he wants to hear from us. " To reach a goal you have never reached before you have to do things you have NEVER DONE" he told us that learning a language is hard work. He gave us an Apostolic Blessing that we would MASTER the Language. After he said that I was in tears. He talked to us like he was talking to us one on one. He blessed us with a blessing of peace. " We won't be asked to do something that we can't do." Having faith is so big in missionary work. With out it you WILL STRUGGLE!  he also talked about getting along with companion that we might not like, he said every morning pray and ask what we are suppose to learn from that person or situation. Sorry for all the quotes but it was just so amazing and powerful. "He that kneels before the Lord can stand in front of anyone."  I am so happy that I got to hear from an Apostle before I left It was so inspiring and so uplifting!
Wednesday was really good we were getting a little sick of being in the room with the Elders so we started to pull pranks on them.. I was laughing so hard!  I think they were a little surprised that we would pull pranks on them. I got one on one help with Spanish which helped a ton!!!! I can make sentences now!!! .... well kinda ;) WE were suppose to host this week but they told us no... :( we were all SOOO sad! 
TODAY.. We went to the temple this morning and then started packing!!! yes STARTED PACKING.. I have to much stuff.. oh well..  Tomorrow we have a 12 hour meeting it's call in field training. I'm not sure how fun that will be. :) but it just means no class YAY!

I love reading every ones letters Kelby, Hunter and Kelsey all seem to be doing amazing!! and to everyone who has written me I'm sorry for not writing back but I will don't worry!!! COURTNIE!!! EASTON'S picture you sent me was SO CUTE!! Seriously was dying! He is getting so big! I was thinking about how different the people we are all serving! It's crazy how cultured we are going to be.. when I saw the picture of Hunter baptizing that little boy I started crying!!! IT WAS SOO CUTE!!!


Well I Love you all and the next email you will get from me will be in HOUSTON TEXAS! Holla! Have a good week! Te Amo MUCHO!!!!

HERMANA CRANDALL

Hermana Williams and I


No comments:

Post a Comment