Monday, April 29, 2013

Hola....week #1 in the field!



My Batch....40 strong...Behold a Royal Army!

hola hola hola Mi Familia!
Well I have made it to Monday my first P-day!!!

Texas is AMAZING, the weather is good, my companion is AMAZING, my Mission President is AMAZING, and LIFE IS GREAT!!!!

Let me tell you about this week.. listo (ready)?
Wednesday I was the only missionary on the plane that didn't sit by another missionary. I sat by a man named Richard. He is from Texas and a music producer. We talked about his job, life, and blah blah and then he asked me about my badge. I was telling him about everything and he seemed really interested, so I gave him a Mormon,org card. He told me he hadn't met anyone so nice in his entire life. It was so nice to talk to someone who wasn't a missionary. :)

When we landed we met President and Sister Pingree and the AP's. They had like 10 members there with their cars for us and a HUGE trailer. That night we ate dinner and had interviews and just got to know each other. Hermana Hosking, Zebriskie, and Flech.... we all stayed at a members house that night.

Thursday morning we went to the transfer meeting and I MET MY "MOM" Hermana Rife, she is 22 and from Provo. She is amazing at speaking Spanish! She has been out for 9 months. I am so happy I got her as my trainer!

My "mom"....Hermana Rife
Driving in the Rain!!

After the meeting we all loaded the cars and headed to our new home! My new area is called Oakcrest,  It is in Tomball and Magnoila. We dropped our stuff off and went to this ladies house. I was soo nervous! but it turned out great!!! She has a really sad situation so my heart was breaking as we were at her house! :( Later we went knocking!! OH MY GOODNESSS!!!!!! Texas people love their BIBLE!!!!! I'm in for a real treat down here. This lady YELLED AT US about Joseph Smith and how we don't worship Christ. We would try and explain to her that we do and let her know what we believed but she was just not listening to us!.... so frustrating! She told us we need to study more and come back and tell her what we learned and then she says "IF YOU DON'T COME BACK, I'LL COME FIND YOU!!!" so we gave her instructions to the church :) that way we will get her to come to church..:)

I MET THE CASCO FAMILY!! I was SO SHOCKED when I saw Paola!! It was so awesome that I got assigned to her area my first transfer!!! Her and her family are so amazing, I already love them so much! They fed us and the Elder's the most amazing food! I'm so excited to get to know them better!! I already feel so loved  and welcomed here.
Paola Casco and Hermana Crandall...We met a few months ago on Instagram and she lives in my first area!!


Saturday we found 5 possible investigators! It was so crazy how we met them! The Lord led us right to them! We have a ton of appointments this week.

Oh and  IT RAINED CATS AND DOGS!!! I was so wet!!! but  at least it's warm rain! :)

LET ME JUST TELL YOU HOW AMAZING MEXICAN FOOD IS!! It's like I have died and gone to heaven! Seriously, it's so yummy!

SUNDAY...... Guess who had to teach Gospel Principles and Young Women's.. yup we did.. my first Sunday I taught in espanol! The Elder's were so funny after Sunday school they came up to me and were like "DANG are you from MEXICO!? Your Spanish is amazing!" (they were totally just being nice) but it was still pretty funny!
I thought I knew more Spanish . haha nope! I can barley understand anything! They talk 100 miles an hour!!! But I'm learning so much! I'm excited for the day I can have a simple conversation!

Happy news we have 2 baptism on Saturday!! It was so fun to meet them!!

So this morning we woke up bright and early and headed to a members house to do a service project! It was really fun! Hermano Ruiz is so funny!! He is constantly teasing me because he knows I have know idea what he is saying! They gave me a nick name.. Guadalajara because I look like I'm from there.. Big green eyes, dark hair and dark skin! haha they kept saying Muy bonita! (very beautiful).

 I'm loving Texas already! It's been a great couple days and I'm so excited for the next 17 months!
I really gained a testimony this week about how inspired my Mission President is, from the area I was put in, to the trainer I have! The Lord knew exactly what I needed! I'm So grateful for that! 

This week is going to be SUPER BUSY but I'm so excited to teach these people we have 13 investigator with a possible 5 more! YIPPEEE!!

TE AMO MUCHO!!!!....Pray that I learn Spanish!... saying Si or hola is getting real old! :)

ADIOS!!

Best goodbye present ever! I saw Paul Milsap of the Jazz (duh!)  in the SLC airport!

Arrived in Houston!

Best group of sisters....ever!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you!! I will continue follow your blog and see how everything is doing!! And you'll get the spanish eventually. I am trying to learn it too. Practice makes perfect! :)
    xoxoxoxoxo
    Soffia

    ReplyDelete