Thursday, April 4, 2013

HOLA...3 DOWN 3 TO GO!!


Hola Familia!
This week has seriously flown by!!!  Yesterday was my half way point! it's crazy!! I have been super busy with my calling. It seems like every night I have a leadership meeting or something. I'm really enjoying it though. My zone thinks I'm a celeb because I know so many people! hahaha it's always nice to see people you know. Anyways the Spanish is going good I guess.. I just have to remember I have only been here 3 weeks so I'm not going to be fluent.

Sunday we had a special Easter Sacrament with the ENTIRE MTC it was sooo awesome!! We had a guy from France speak to us during it, he reminded me of  Elder ALLAL!  We had a devotional later that night and I sat by this girl who is is going to Cambodia. We just started talking and I told her Kelby was speaking Hmong and  the 2 Elders next to her are going to MN.... speaking Hmong!!! it was sooo CRAZY! I was telling them about it and then we saw Yer so she was talking to them in Hmong also!! its was so much fun to see them! They seem like cool Elders!

This week is like a blur, Sunday night Kelsey came to my room and I had to say goodbye to her :( soo sad, but soo happy!
Our investigators are doing well. We ask one of them if they would be baptized and he said he would think about it.. so we were pretty excited about that!!!! :) I feel like I'm stuck in a class room for 15 hours a day!!! oh wait I am.. haha its a good thing though!! I love my district and zone.  So wanna know something funny.. I'm older than most of my teachers!! it's not that bad but kinda weird. :) I have really been learning alot here. it's crazy how tired you are at night.. not just physically but mentally and spiritually. Even though my investigators are  fake I still feel so much pressure to teach them what they need to know!
This week one of my teachers could tell our class was kinda stress so told us to close our eye and picture ourselves with a heavy backpack with rocks in it and to picture the rocks as all of our sins, struggles, and pains. Then he said to take each rock out and picture handing them to the Savior. As I was doing this I could feel the stresses and every struggle just leave me. It was amazing. He also challenged us to pray to have the confirmation that Texas is were we are suppose to go. I know that someone is waiting for me . God has been preparing them for me.
So funny story. The Elders in my zone think is so funny to scare me. so yesterday I told them ehh I don't get scared to easy and so I turned my head for seriously 2 seconds and the Elder was in my face the next!!! I FREAKED OUT AND SCREAMED AS LOUD AS I COULD!!! You all know how loud that is!! Pretty much the whole cafeteria looked at me! so embarrassing!

So this weekend we DON'T HAVE CLASSES because of General Conference! I'm so excited maybe my brain wont hurt as bad! ;)
I watch a talk Sunday night by Elder Bednar called Characters of Christ.. I suggest you alllllll READ it! or watch it! He talks about how a testimony isn't enough to endure to the end and and we all need to be converted! I had never really thought about it until I heard this. Being totally converted is a goal we all need to make.  it's a goal that you will work on everyday of your life!

Miss Yer Yang lives in my building so I see her all the time!! its great! she is really loving the MTC from what I can see.

I'm so ready to get out to Texas!! I think it will actually feel real.

How is everyone doing? I feel like I don't know anything that's going on in the real world it's weird.. and guess what? I actually don't miss my phone as much as I thought I would.. it's kinda nice not having it! ha

So  this week Hermana Hosking and I were working out and this girl who just got here last week worked out with us. We worked out somewhat hard and SHE THREW UP EVERYWHERE!! it was so gross. We felt sooo bad!.... lets just say we haven't seen her at the gym since then. :)
Then a girl in my district overdosed on NyQuil.. yes, I had to deal with a high missionary.. It was so funny but soo scary.

 The girls from Marriott sent me an Easter package with some Pepsi in it and we were walking back to class and one of the Pepsi fell out and STARTED SPRAYING ALL OF US including the Elders I was laughing so hard! 

I'm  such a space case right now.. it's hard to update you guys once a week.. I always forget things. I got to see the dearelder girls today! The food here is NOT GOOD! I'm so over school lunches and its hard because you are so hungry but nothing sounds good!! anyways life is good!! Spanish is good.. 3 more weeks and I'm out of Provo prison.. yes that's what we call it! 

Love you all!!!!! WRITE!! seriously I get so sad not getting letters!

LOVE,
Hermana Crandall 
THE District

My Ducklings!! LOVE THEM!!

We're pretty much the life of the party!! :)

Easter baskets from Mom

Pday means laundry day!!

Me and Yer 

The famous MTC map picture!

I may or may not have been given the best gift ever from the TPS  girls!! ;)

Met up with Sister Otterstrom before she left for Fresno!

No comments:

Post a Comment