Monday, May 6, 2013

hiiiiiii!


Hola Mi Familia!

 Are you guys getting sick of me yet? ;) it seems like yesterday I got to skype with ya'll! ha oh wait that was yesterday!! It was good to see you all and talk to you!

Well it's a beginning to a very busy week.. we have 30 lessons schedule this week plus our Power Hours. I'm super excited about it. We have a baptism date for June 8th and I'm hoping and praying that she will prepare to be baptized.
I hope by this Saturday we will have 4 more baptism dates. Our investigators are progressing pretty well. We met this guy named Frank who is from AFRICA. He is VERY religious and we talked to him about our church and he was loving what we were saying. We said a prayer with him and gave him a Book of Mormon. One thing I have noticed is people don't know what we believe, they have heard so many rumors about "the Mormons" so when we explain they kinda freak out that we believe in JesuCristo.
 
Yesterday I went to the Pentecostal Church...... WOW.... WOW... I'm not sure I like a preacher YELLING in my face for an hour and I don't think that when you feel the spirit you pass out, but that is my own opinion. Lets just say it was VERY interesting.

I love the ward that I'm serving in right now, all of them are so nice and so FUNNY!! We had a ward activity for mothers day on Friday and it was so fun. MEXICANS know how to throw some good parties. Best ward party I have ever been to! :)
 
Our Ward party "get-up"!
This week we got to go to the Temple. it was so nice. The Houston Temple is SOO PRETTY!!! as we were taking pictures it started to pour!! When it rains here IT RAINS! but it makes everything look so pretty.
"I love to see the Temple"

Beautiful day at the Temple!

Sister Rife and I (such a gorgeous Temple!)

My companion loves to catch frogs and when it rains the frogs come out and I usually get chased with a frog haha!!
She is so funny! The other night I was going to get in the shower and she was like will you check the doors to see if they are locked and I was like oh yeah that's fine.. so I go and check and go into the bathroom and I shut the door and as I turned around she jumped out of the shower and scared the living DAY LIGHTS out of me!! I SCREAMED SO HARD and jumped and then screamed some more.. she is quite the prankster! ha We have fun together.. she lets every BUG LIVE! If we have a bug in our house she catches it and takes it outside....me on the other hand smashes it until its flatter than a pancake :) Texas has alot of weird bugs.. but I'm happy I'm here and not in BRAZIL! (counting my blessings....still!)
 
There is a little girl who is sooooo ADORABLE and she always comes to sit with us in church. She draws us pictures and has to put on all my jewelry. Every time we ask her what her name is she says.. "Hermana Princess" It is soo cute.
 
So I just read Kelby's letter about the whole Satan Journal HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAH the funny thing is, is that it's so true!!! Every time we teach the restoration and go to say the First Vision something weird happens.. like the phone will ring or the TV will turn on or something to distract them! 
 
So today my comp hasn't spoke to me in English.. my oh my.. lets just say our comp study was VERY interesting. It was mostly a game of charades haha! Anyways I love you all and I hope you all have a wonderful week.
 
"its doesn't matter what you have heard, Impossible is not a word, just a reason not to try."
 
Love,
 Hermana Crandall
Rain....Rain....

Anything to protect the hair do!! :)

Just drivin' to Church!

Cause we're cool like that! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment