Monday, May 6, 2013

Hola Hola Hola!


Hola Mi Familia! 
Can you believe its P-day again? This week has flown by!!!! The weather has been great, the people are amazing, it's been a great week!

So last p-day after we got everything done we went and played Kick ball with the English peeps in our area and the Spanish Elders that are in our ward! All the Elders were like " are you sisters really going to play?" and we were like "heck yeah!" I guess none of the English sisters or Spanish sisters like playing or hanging out with them.... Well pretty much everyone loves us! ;)

We found some new investigators this week, it was really cool how we found this one guy. We had an appointment and so we get there and no one was home, we were so sad! ugg...I hate when people cancel on us, but anyways we were walking back to our car and all of a sudden my companion and I look up and over at the same time to this guy who was waving, so we walk over and started talking to him. We were telling him our purpose and giving an overview and he was acting soo interested. He said that meeting us wasn't a coincidence because he was waving at his kids and then we both looked up and walked over. He said that it was a sign from God. We are meeting with him again tonight so I'm really excited to start teaching him.
 

Hermana Rife and I have been working so hard we had a baptism Saturday! John and Chris were baptized. Their dad isn't a member and so during the whole thing he was crying like a baby! :) We are hoping to start teaching him this week! 
 Before the baptism we had to clean the font and all that and guess what.. I had my first experience with a COCKROACH!!!!!!!!!!!! ewwwwww seriously ewww I hate them! I freaked out like a little girl and the Elders just laughed and laughed at me. those little bugs are going to be the death of me but I'm am VERY grateful that I'm not in Brazil dealing with bigger and nastier bugs! (counting my blessings)!
I have been trying to study the Bible this week. Everyone LOVES the Bible down here! I'm really enjoying it! I love how Jesus Christ teaches people and how he TALKS to everyone and  helps everyone he meets. I am trying to do the same. I have to talk to everyone and try my best to help and serve them! 

So the other night Hermana Rife wanted to look at some of my pictures so I was showing her some and she saw the picture of me and Sara Ward and she was like, "how do you know Sara"? and I said I worked with her at Maceys and TPS.. guess what.... Hermana Rife WORKED AT MACEYS TOO!!!! haha that is why we both felt like we knew each other! its was pretty funny!
 
Guess what I ate this week.... COW FEET... umm not the best thing I have ever had....ok actually it was pretty bad. I was sick that whole night and next day! But every thing else I have ate has been really good! :)
Sunday was a really nice day. Our church is from 3-6 so yes we FAST ALL DAY!! I don't think i'll ever mind fasting until 4 again! But I went and bore my testimony in Broken Spanish and right before I went to bear it, the Bishop stands up and says something I didn't understand, but after, everyone told me that he said "we are going to sing a song before Hermana Crandall gets up so she won't be nervous." my poker face must have been pretty bad. ;) 

After Sacrament meeting the cutest little boy named Jared came up to me and gave me a note that said, " you did a really good job on your testimony, then in Spanish it said.... " Tu Hiciste un gran trabajo en sus testimonio" it was so cute the way he said it was in Tu form which when people use that its like they are in love or talking to God.
Thank you to EVERYONE who is emailing or writing me! I'm sorry I'm a little behind on getting back to you all but I really appreciate it!
 
I hope everyone has a good week!!! 
ADIOS! 
Love,
 Hermana Crandall 
Riding our bikes to church!

Sister rife and I

Happy Birthday to my little brother serving in Ghana West Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment