Monday, May 20, 2013

Hola, Hola, Hola!!


HOLA HOLA HOLA!!!!!
How is my dear family and friends this week??? I am doing very very well.. this week was a weird week. We had so many appointments and we planned really well and I was so excited.. then guess what?.. it seems like EVERYONE cancelled on us. I was super sad about it. My trainer told me that it's just part of missionary work.
So this week I had my first freak out /breakdown over Spanish. Yes, I just needed to cry.... so I did.. my poor companion :) 
After I cried I felt so much better. SPANISH IS SO HARD! but I have been working REALLY hard and I can make some pretty bomb sentences!!  Everyone tells me not to worry that it will come but seriously it's so stressful. So I'm going to be patient,  study and pray my guts out!
This week during power hour we met this Alan guy....  we knocked on his door and sat and talked to him about being Mormon. He was kinda fighting with us on being baptized but my bomb companion pulled out all these awesome scriptures in the bible and he was like ohhhh??? maybe I need to be baptized. It was really funny! While we were talking to Alan, this guy that was selling steak came over and started asking us all these random questions like.. " did you live in those cult camps?' Us "no haha we live in normal houses" Dan: " REALLY?????"  Dan: " so you guys don't party like drink or smoke." Us " no no we don't drink tea or coffee either" " Dan: WHAT!?!?!? I HEAR UTAH HAS THE BEST WEED IN THE USA" US: " umm beats us?? " he was really funny he told us he really looked up to girls who had high standers. We gave him a Book of Mormon and told him to read it! He said he would read anything once.. he got our email address so if he had questions he could get in touch with us! It was really good! I hope he reads it! He seemed like an awesome guy!

IT'S BEEN SOOO SOO HOT HERE in Texas.. my missionary tan lines are pretty awesome not going to lie! When I take my shoes off it looks like I'm wearing socks.. its awesome! :) 
So this week I have been studying about the Atonement and trying to understand it more. I think when people hear the word Repentance they get scared or are confused. As I studied about it.... we need to repent everyday. Repentance is just a big word for Change. If we are trying to change to be a better person and to be more like Christ then we are repenting. I love in the scriptures how everyone is always saying REPENT! REPENT! be more like Christ. 
Christ  suffer for all of our sins and pains he is the only one who know how to help us. How dumb are we not to take advantage of this amazing gift and let him help us? I also learned that forgiving people is part of repenting. I have held on to a lot of things in my life that are robbing my peace. I need to forgive the people who have wronged me so I can be forgiven. I love the scripture St. Luke 18:27!

CONNOR!!!!! you email seriously made my fall off my chair laughing! I'll try and email you next week. Good luck selling this week! :) 

Well i hope you all are doing well.. pray that I can speak spanish! :) I LOVE YOU ALL
Con amor,
Hermana Crandall 
Diana...our investigators little girl.

Only in Texas!! Gotta love the BBQ Grill!

Smile Eddie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment