Monday, June 17, 2013

3 MONTHS!!!

Hola hola!!
  How is everyone doing this week?? This week was a really good week for me. I am learning lots and learning things about myself! 

HAPPPYY BIRTHDAY ASHLEY JARVIS!!!!!!! I MISS YOU! I hope you have a good day!!! 

This week went as follows.....

1.) I got assigned to be the Driver.. watch out Texas, Markel.. I mean Hermana Crandall is driving! :) I'm not sure what to think. Hermana Rife says that they have you drive right before you train by yourself. I'm really hoping she is wrong, but at least I'm learning how to train now with Hermana Hansen, so that's a blessing.
2.) We set a Baptism date with Maria's daughter. We are hoping the whole family will commit by the time it comes around. They are all listening to the lessons and coming to church. It's awesome how much you can see them change. The best thing is, is that THEY can see the change as well.
3.) FRANK!!!! Do you remember Frank from Africa? Frank the HARD CORE BIBLE PREACHER?? Well we had an amazing miracle with him. Every time we see him he says he always has the feeling to go outside and then he sees us and starts talking to us.. Well on Wednesday he told us he was cleaning his apartment and found the Book of Mormon, he thought to himself, "I should really read this." He said he got a feeling to go outside and move his car.. well we just happened to be walking outside by his car. We talked to him and he asked us if we had any services during the week..  we said no we only have services on Sundays but immediately we remembered that Elder Golden of the 70's was putting on a fireside for investigators the next night. We invited him to come! He was so happy and said.. "I know that Satan is going to stop me from coming to this meeting, but I won't listen to him, all I need is a ride." Our heart sunk....The only members we know speak Spanish! We were so confused on how we would get him there. We agreed to call Frank later that night and talk about the details. As we got in the car we said a prayer that we might find Frank a ride so he could come. We had left something at our apartment so we went to grab it and went we got there, there was a note from Hermana Rifes Bishop from home. He was in town for a couple days and he wanted to take us to dinner. So that night we went to Red Robin for dinner (my first American meal in a long time! it was MUY RICO!!!) anyways we were telling him about Frank and he said "what time is the fireside?" We said, "7" and he said, "give me the address, i'll pick him up!"  IT WAS AN ANSWER to our prayer. Frank was able to come. All he could say after was, "I feel so blessed for meeting you girls." Frank met the Elders who speak English in that area and set up an appointment for this week. It was an amazing experience.
This is Frank!

Hermana Hansen, Hermana Rife's Bishop from home, Hermana Rife, and Me!
 4.) Saturday morning, us and the Elders helped a member paint his dads house. His dad who is NOT a member. It was a really fun morning and his dad really appreciated our service. I have learned SERVICE softens peoples hearts!
Sometimes I get attacked by paint....in the eye...

No bueno!!
 5.) HAPPPPPPPPPPPYYYY FATHHHHEERRRRSSS DAY! 
Dad, I hope you had an amazing day yesterday!! I mailed you a card so be looking for that in the mail this week. Thank you so much for everything you have done for us. You have taught us how to be self reliant and hardworking! You have always been a great example. 

5.) This week I studied all about FE. (faith). Faith is a very important part of the gospel. I have realized that we need to grow our faith in Jesucristo every single day! One of the MANY scriptures I read this week hit me like a train it was exactly what I need... in the New Testament 2 Corinthians 12:7-12 in verse 9 the word rest has a footnote that takes you to D&C 39:12-13 
I really loved this because when its said, 
"And he said unto me, My agrace is sufficient for thee: for my bstrength is made perfect in cweakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may drest upon me."
  
The power of Christ is going to rested on us! not force or thrown or put.. but rested. I love how gentle and peaceful that sounds!
6.) Elder Golden of the 70's came and spoke with us on Friday!! WOW that man is so smart. I learned so much about Joseph Smith and the Savior. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I had to listen to him.
Well family, I think that about does it.. well no that is like .00001 of my week!! I wish I could film my mission and show you all!! I can't believe it has been 3 months, time is flying!!!  I love you all and hope you all are Healthy and happy! 

Have a GREAT WEEEK!!
les Querio! 
Hermana Crandall
 
French Toast....mexican style!!

The Morales family

Power puff Girls! :)
 
YES!!! ME holding a lizard!!

Bishop Caledron's little girls Camilla and Bionca

Mexican sucker......umm not my favorite! 

No comments:

Post a Comment