Monday, June 10, 2013

This week has been REALLY HARD!

Well first off..
This week has been REALLY HARD!!!!!!!!! I have been really sick and being sick and doing missionary work is TOUGH!!! Friday afternoon I had to call the Mission doctor and tell him what was going on. He told me that it probably has to do with my Gallbladder. Yes I know awesome right?? I'm taking some medicine and watching it for a few days, if it continues then I will be going in to get a ultrasound. I'm hoping the medicine helps. 

Last week we had a trio for a couple days before transfers. Sister Fulsom lived with us for 3 days!! We all had a blast. I love her she is seriously my new best friend!!!....(she is President Hinckley's granddaughter)
Me, Sister Fulsom, and Hermana Rife

We had a very successful week. We were able to set 3 baptismal dates with Fransisco, Maria, and Panoncio (the uncle of Fransisco) Maria came to church yesterday with her 3 children. She really like it. We are super excited for them. :) They are progressing really well.  Maria told us that she is seeing the blessings of the gospel in her life. She said her husband is more happy and more relaxed and even wanting to come to church.
Daniel, Tirsa, Chris, Jon and Princess and Hermana Campos - Tirsa's mom, were all at church again yesterday. I love them so much. They are such a special family. We talked to Daniel a little and he is reading the Book of Mormon. He is so quite but opening up little by little. Hispanics are so funny, yesterday during Sunday School they were joking around about when Juan (another investigator) gets baptized who will make the cake and bring the food? Two Hermanas were bantering playfully over it and then one of them looks at Daniel and says. Hermano you aren't baptized either right? He said...no. She said, well forget about all of that, I am making YOU, YOUR cake! We were all just laughing super hard. Daniel even thought it was pretty good. They make me laugh. I love this ward and these people. :)

This week we have visited a few members and had some really special experiences with them. As we have been planning for them we have felt to share specific things and we don't even know them that well. With two appointments we felt specifically to share the Book of Mormon and commit them to reading it. Both times they confessed to us that they weren't reading and by the end of the appointment we were able to commit them to doing it. It was so special to feel the Lord working through us. It happens a lot but those two just were very meaningful. Sometimes it just hits me as I am studying or sharing my testimony about how special this work is. It is a good reminder for me to remember what I am doing and not just get caught away in the work.
 
I have seen SOOOO many miracles this week..  I'm TRAINING!! We got our newbie Thursday!! Hermana Hansen is a Visa waiter, she is going to Peru!! Guess where she is from.... SPANISH FORK!!! haha we know all the same peeps which is fun.. she knows Kelby and so that makes things interesting! :) She is awesome!
Me, Hermana Hansen, and Hermana Rife
 I am learning about the Atonement and how it works. Its amazing how people take this amazing gift for granted. I know I have. When we use the Atonement we are accepting Christ's help and who doesn't want Christ's help. He suffered for EACH one of us personally so he would know how we feel and how to help us. I have had to lean on the Lord alot this week. Its been tough. Missionary work is hard but I know what I'm doing is the right thing. I can feel his love for me and my family each day. I KNOW he is watching over me and my family. I KNOW that through his grace and mercy we can be healed and we  can have true peace in our life. I'm so grateful for this. I know that Jesus Christ is my brother and that all he wants from us is for us to obey his commandment and to ask him for help.  Alma 7:11-12 Proverbs 3:5-6
 
This song is what I sing when I feel overwhelmed or discouraged.
 
Be still, my soul: The Lord is on thy side;
With patience bear thy cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In ev'ry change he faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: Thy best, thy heav'nly Friend
Thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end.
2. Be still, my soul: Thy God doth undertake
To guide the future as he has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: The waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them while he dwelt below.
3. Be still, my soul: The hour is hast'ning on
When we shall be forever with the Lord,
When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul: When change and tears are past,
All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
 
I am so grateful for my family especially my mom.. on the days that I don't think I can do this whole mission thing, I think of her and her example to me. She is a strong, amazing person. I think how hard she works and that gives me the motivation to knock one more door or go to the next appointment. I am always thinking of how I can be more like her. I feel EXTREMELY lucky to have been blessed with a mother like her. I know that she is our families rock, she is tough, strong, faithful, loving, kind, and hardworking. I am the person I am today because of her. I LOVE YOU MOM. Thank you for all your time and support. I COULD NOT be here with out you!!! If any of you see her PLEASE GIVE HER A BIG HUG FOR ME!! :)
 
LesQueiro,
Hermana Crandall

No comments:

Post a Comment