Monday, June 24, 2013

I didn't get hit... pray that I don't get hit!!!!‏

Ok First off... I'm not liking this whole thing with Kelby and Hunter getting hit by cars.... seriously I better not be next.. but I hope you are all ok!! :) 

Oh yeah and Thursday was my 100th day!!! crazy crazy!!! June is flying by!!
Oh Family....I have so much to say!! I wish I could just call you on the phone!! This week was seriously one of the best weeks in the mission!!!
1.) Hermana Hansen received her VISA!!! Our Trio is down to 2! Sad Day!! We went on exchanges this week and her and I went with Hermana Rowe. While we were with her President called and told us that she needed to be at the mission home Friday morning at 8 am. We were kinda stressing....because she needed to pack and do all that kinda of stuff and we were on exchanges. So pretty much all day Thursday we helped her do laundry, pack, buy last minute things from the store. She was really nervous because she was flying by her self and wasn't getting to Peru until 10:40 that night. But we got an email from her today and she made it safe and sound! It was sad saying goodbye!
2.) While on exchanges we saw some amazing Miracles!!! We went to teach this women Flor. We planned on watching the Restoration movie to help her understand it a little better. Well we go to her door and we remembered we forgot the dvd so we walked in and started to teach her and her 2 kids the Plan of Salvation. By the end of the lesson we were teaching all 4 of her kids and her Husband! it was amazing. Hermana Rowe said that NONE of her kids ever listen and her husband is never home. By the end of the lesson all of them committed to read the Book of Mormon and to come to church! Exchanges are so awesome I have loved them so much!!!
The Hermana I went on exchanges last time is from Seattle. Her mom printed out a picture of her and I and had it in her house or something. She feed the missionaries and guess who was on of those Missionaries.. AMY!!!! One of my besties from NYC!! SMALL SMALL WORLD!!!
3.)Yesterday was an incredible day!!! Our Mormon.org family CAME TO CHURCH FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!!!!!!!! I WAS SOOO HAPPY!!! Isabella the mom was so worried about not having friends or not feeling welcome. As soon as they walked in they knew seriously the WHOLE WARD!!!!!!! They use to live down at the Apartment Complex we call the "Mormon Complex", because everyone is Mormon there..but anyways they knew so many of the members and all of their kids had friends in the ward. It was seriously so perfect! As I was sitting in Sacrament I looked down at this family of 7 and all of them looks so peaceful and happy. After the meeting she told us that we were her angles. It was amazing to see how happy her family was. I'm so excited for them to get baptized!
4.) How amazing was that broadcast last night??????? If any of you didn't watch it. WATCH IT!!! I really know that when the members of the church are involved with the full time missionaries, the work moves so fast!! When investigators meet and make friends with ward members it is really powerful. They feel accepted and loved. I was laughing so hard when Elder Holland was speaking Spanish to the guys in Peru... yes! that's what I sound like... a white girl trying to speak Spanish.. but hey I understood what he was saying!! YAHOOO!!!
My Spanish is improving! slowly but surely! alot of the ward members and missionaries have told me I'm improving which is always nice to hear! :) Sometimes I forget that I knew NO SPANISH and look now I can teach lessons and have simple conversations.
5.) Last night after the Broadcast we decided to go and visit our recent converts.. Triza has been a member but was completely in active. her 2 sons got baptized about 2 months ago.. her husband is not a member so we are trying to teach him. We gave him a Book of Mormon 2 weeks ago. Triza said every time he leaves on a trip (he is a truck driver) he packs he BofM VERY FIRST . So last night we stopped by and they were just getting home from Florida we shared a scripture and talked about the church. Daniel was VERY interested and wasn't afraid to talk to us about the Gospel. We asked him if we could start teaching him more seriously so he could decide if he wanted to be baptized. He said yes he wants to learn more!!!
John brought us back a treat from Florida!


Lastly any Young Women or any Woman reading this READ Proverbs 31:10-31.... This is the kind of women we need to be! I want to have all of these qualities. I challenge you all to read and work on the things you feel like you need to work on. We are not all perfect but if we try and improve ourselves  each and everyday Christ will help us in all things!
I hope you all Have a wonderful week!! Hermana Rife and I challenge all our investigators to OLA   Orar-Pray Leer-Read Assistir- Attend church

Les Queiro mucho!
Hermana Crandall

No comments:

Post a Comment