Monday, August 12, 2013

Miracles happen everyday

hola hola familia..
Another week has come and gone. We are on week 5 of the transfer. I have no IDEA where this transfer went.. seriously (as I'm scratching my head?) This week was filled with Miracles, well every week is but THIS week we saw some BIG one take place.
 
Miracle #1: Christina and Valentine. Her divorce will be final at the beginning of September. When they told me on Friday I screamed! yes I really screamed. I think I'm more excited than they are :) We taught Valentine about the Word of Wisdom this week, this man is a Saint. He told us after the lesson, "Hermana's that was a really great lesson but I read everything about the Word of Wisdom in the pamphlet 3 weeks ago. I stopped drinking coffee then."...... umm... YAY! Valentine hasn't had coffee for 3 weeks and we didn't even teach him. He just finished reading 2 Nephi and LOVES El Libro de Mormon. We teach an English class every Thursday and he comes. It makes my day because he TRIES SOOO hard to speak English but can't say the words very well. He is so diligent in taking notes and practicing. 
 
Miracle #2. Orlando WOW.... this week has been kinda slow for us. People are getting ready for school to start or taking their last Vacation. So one evening we had NO WHERE to go. Seriously we went to EVERY single person we had ever met during that day.. (ok that's stretching the truth,) but we tried tons of people. Anyways, we are randomly driving in the car and I see this road coming up and I say "Hermana Auten turn right here". So we turn and drive for a bit and she turns down the other street..... we drive to the VERY end of the street and park.  We both looked at each other and said.. Well lets start knocking. We get out of the car and I hear the radio or TV coming from this house by me. So I say lets start here.. as we get closer the TV was in Spanish so as we are walking we get super happy.. YAY LATINOS!!! (super good day when you find Spanish peeps) so we turn the corner and see this old man sitting on his porch. He stands up and we start getting to know him. He is probably 60ish. we start giving our purpose as missionaries and ask him if we can share a message. He says Si!!! Luckily we had Restoration pamphlets and a extra Book of Mormon. We jump right in to the Restoration. the entire time he says, "oh yeah, I believe that. WAIT Y'ALL BELIEVE THAT? ME TO! THAT MAKES SENSE." so he was super open. Then we get to Jose Smith... (this is the make it or break it part) he was a little confused about the priesthood he thought everyone could have it. We told him no only men that are Worthy and a part of this Church. He then says, "Oh yeah, well of course not every church can have the power of God. only Gods true church"... ( at this point I wanted to cry. Authority is the hardest thing for people to understand and he understood it with in minutes of us talking about it) we go on to talk about the Book of Mormon and read with him the introduction. He accepts our commitment to read it and pray to know if it's true. As we are getting ready to leave he says, "so I'm going to read this book and i'll know that Jose smith was a Profeta and that this is the only true church" and we say Yes. He says, "well I think this is my sign". Sign??? apparently for the last 2 days he had been fasting and praying to God to find the church he needed  to join. He said that this was the only thing in his life that made sense to him. WOW!!! Miracle.. we were lead to Orlando for a reason.... all of our peeps cancelled on us so that we could find Orlando. God Answers our prayers! We now have a very amazing Investigator.
 
Miracle 3. Saturday we had service planned. It was for this family who wasn't members but the were friends with some English members. They had called us to see if we could get some people from the Spanish Ward to help Drywall their house.. so 2 hermano's and us go as well as the English Elders. 
Well we get there and I notice they live on the same street as a less active. No one has seen this less active for MONTHS. We stop by his house every week to see if he is home but he never is. Anyways, we show up to this Mobile home and walk in and the inside is a mess.. no carpet, walls, lights, water, NOTHING!!!!! and it was about 2000 degrees (ok another stretch of the truth) but seriously so hot. We ask them if they are living close by until they finish it and the dad said "no we have been living here for 6 months". My heart just broke. They had 3 twin mattresses on the floor and some chairs and outside a "homemade Shower" 4 walls and a hose. They had been trying to drywall and didn't have people to help them and they kept breaking boards because they were to heavy for him and his wife to do alone. They needed a ladder to do the ceiling so I was like, "ok we have a less active who lives down the street, we will go see if he has a ladder we can use". Hermana Auten, I and Hermano Cowen walk down to this house. The whole time I am praying please SOMEONE be home . We walk up and 2 guys are outside we ask to see Angel and they say oh he lives across the street. We had the wrong address for at least the last 5 months since I have been here! So we go across the street..and  GUESS WHAT, Angel was home!! he talked to us for a bit and we told him what we were doing and he was like, "do you guys need help"? "my dad and I drywall for a living".. ummm.... YES WE NEED help! So they came and helped along will all the tools.  
We were able to get in contacted with a less active, teach a new family about the Gospel, and give service with in a couple of hours. I can't even count how many miracles we saw that day!
 
Funny story really quick. Christina had been watching the D&C DVDS and taking notes on them.. Well the other day she says "Hermana Crandall, do you know what happen May 18th 1829"? umm....of course I had NOOO IDEA so I was like, "ummm the Book of Mormon was published"?? Christina- WRONG.. I guessed like 3 more times.. all wrong haha she was like "THE PRIESTHOOD OF AARON was giving to Jose Smith"!.. then she looks at the DVDs and says, "you should really watch these"... I looked at her and just said, "yes I should"... "yes yes yes I should". Then I told her, "see you don't need to know EVERYTHING to be baptized"!!! she just laughed..... Super embarrassing!!
 
I hope everyone has a good week!
If y'all want something to do.. you can write me letters :) Our mail box has been pretty empty this Transfer :)
Love you all!!!
TEXAS FOREVER!!!


Hermana Crandall
Texas Twister in Texas~

It's HOT in Texas!!

1 comment: