Monday, August 26, 2013

Transfer #4

Hello Hello my dear family!
How are we all doing ?
This week was super crazy!! It was a really awesome week!

First off we had exchanges. I went up to Conroe with Hermana Heath! It was so fun! I loved Conroe. I met this family up there who is AMAZING! I want to serve up there so bad. Conroe is a cute little town by Huntsville.. (YES I'm getting closer to where BYU plays ;) ) I felt like I was in Friday Night Lights, because the high school stadium was HUGE!! like college status.. ok not that big but it was super big!! and every where we went everyone had posters and signs and paints about the football team! It was super awesome! oh and the stadium is named after a guy named Buddy... Maybe it is Buddy Garitie :)
On exchanges with Hermana Heath

We were able to see alot of our investigators this week, which was nice. You can tell school is about to start, everyone is HOME!! ahhh school.... What a blessing :)

We saw Orlando this guy is on fire. He really wants to know if the church is true. He is going through a hard time right now and says that what we are teaching him is the only thing giving him peace!
He is a VERY humble man who works so hard for his family and wants to do what God wants him to do!
Frank!! Do y'all remember Frank from Africa?? Well we saw him Saturday!! He had been in New York City for like a month. We don't really teach him because the English Elders teach him but we always stop and talk to him! He is awesome! I know if he converted he would make the best Gospel Principles teacher! He was sad when I told him that I "MIGHT" get transferred.. He grabbed my planner and started writing down his address, number, and email EVERYTHING! He said I better hear from you after you are done on your mission. I want to come to Utah and visit all the Mountains.
Hermana Auten and I with the English Elders

Me and Frank

Celestino.. ok I don't even know where to begin. Ever since I met Celestino he has answered lots of my prayers.. Well Saturday we went to his house and were talking about different things. I opened my Book of Mormon and asked him if I could share a scripture.. well you all know me and when I start laughing do I ever stop?? no I don't.....well I started to laugh..... In my mind, as i was laughing I kept saying " ahhh this is suppose to be spiritual why are you laughing???" "SHUT UP!!! STOP LAUGHING" well after a minute he started laughing and we all just laughed for a while.. I finally controlled myself and start explaining the scripture that we had just read. Before I could get out 1 sentence he cut me off and said, "After 6 years of missionaries coming and teaching me you come and start teaching me and for some reason I always remember what you say. You are so Happy and positive and I know it is because your love for God and Jesus Christ. I have never had a connection with any other missionary. HE went off for like 20 minutes about it.. so after that..... I extended the Baptism Commitment!!!.. And he......... ACCEPTED!!!!!!! He is going to be baptized Sept. 21!!!!! I was so so happy!! All day I was on cloud nine. I definitely believe that certain people need you and you need them. I am really scared I might get transferred.. But I know that whatever happens..... Happens.
So yesterday was a REALLY long day! We had Stake Conference and a bunch of different things. We had an appointment with Christina and Valentine that night. We wanted to show them the Jose Smith movie so they could get an idea of the kind of person Jose Smith was. Well Hermana Auten and I were sooo tired and hungry and just ready for the day to be over. We hadn't eaten anything that entire day because we didn't have miles to go to members houses or to our apartment. So we walked into Christina's house and started talking to her and Valentine and she looked at us and said,  "I made extra food because I had a feeling you guys would be hungry". "Are you guys hungry"?? umm we both almost cried because we were so hungry. It reminded me of D&C 84 where the Lord promises us that we will be taken care of. I have seen that so many times on my mission.... little and big miracles! The Lord is always protecting us and providing for us as long as we are doing what we should be doing!
Hermana Auten, Valentine, Christine, and me

Well I'm sorry this week is kinda short.. I'm sure y'all will find out if I end up getting transferred . :) I hope you all have a GREAT WEEK!!!!!!

Les Quiero Mucho!
Texas Forever!

Hermana Crandall


PS. Connor won best letter this week!!!... thanks for the encouarging words connor! :) "keep smiling with those cavity filled choppers and press through each day" LOVED IT!! 

Us! :)
Hermana Moffitt and I (she got her visa to Argentina!)

Houston West 2nd Zone Temple trip 8-15-2013




No comments:

Post a Comment