Monday, August 19, 2013

Where is August going???

My Dear Dear Family!!
How are we all doing?? This week was really good! Transfers are next week.. so we will see what happens to me... maybe I'll stay or maybe i'll go!
 
On Tuesday Christina (our investigator) came with us to see Eddie. It was an amazing spiritual lesson. Christina talked about how she found out this church was true and the things she did to gain that relationship with God.
I have never seen Eddie so seriously engaged in the lesson before. I really think he liked hearing from some one who is in his shoes. It was a powerful experience for Christina as well. It was so funny Eddie asked Christina why she wasn't baptized. She looked at him and in the most serious voice and face says "I'm living in sin." I about fell off my chair. then she started laughing and said she was waiting for her divorce to go through so she could get married and not live in sin anymore. I laughed for 10 min straight, man it was so funny. She has a killer sense of humor!
Eddie and I

Eddie, his daughter, and nieces and nephews
Maria and Felipe.. ahhhh last week we extended a baptism date... wait let me start at the beginning. We taught them the 10 commandments and obedience.. it went wonderful then we just started talking and Hermano Felipe was like yeah I already know this church is true. SAY WHAT?!?!?  so then I asked him if he knew the Book of Mormon was true, he said yeah its true and I know Jose Smith was a prophet! I was shocked, Hermana Auten was shock, and Maria his wife was super shocked... so then Hermana Auten extended the baptism date for Sept. 14. They were a little hesitant about it but they said they would pray about this date! ( we have lesson with them tonight) I really hope that they have prayed and received that answer!
 
Micheal the English peep we met a while back....well random story but we had some time between appointments and were in the same Apt. complex that he lives in. So we decided to stop by to see how he was doing. We knocked on the door like 5 times and then he answered the door... at first he looked super mad, then when he saw it was us he looked super confused. The first thing he told was, I was just thinking about you girls like 10 mins ago. I was wondering when I would see you again. (these are the best words you can ever hear) We talked to him for a while about the Book of Mormon and the restoration. He seemed like he wanted to learn more. He is having a really hard time making friends so he mention that 20 times. All of his friends are married.... (welcome to my life) so we told him about the singles ward and all the activities. We are going to pass him off to the English sisters :) 
 
This week we were able to attend the Temple!! Oh MY!!!! AMAZING! if y'all haven't been in a bit GO!!!!! The week of the Temple is always so crazy and stressful. I usually feel really stressed, homesick, sad, and all those crazy feelings . Then I go to the Temple and I remember my purpose and all my homesickness, sadness,fears, doubts all leave. I'm so happy that we get to go to the Temple every transfer! HUGE blessing!!! HUGE!
Sister Deloye(Dallas,TX), Sister Gibson (Elko, NV) and I

Our District

Sister Auten and I
This week we received a new Investigator from the English Elders. His name is Juan and is 17. He family only speaks Spanish and Juan reads in Spanish so they passed him over to us. He is golden, we met with him on Saturday and he has been reading the Book of Mormon and praying everyday. He said God answered his prayer about if this church is true and if the Book of Mormon is true. HE WANTS TO BE BAPTIZED!! He is working 2 jobs right now so coming to church is kinda hard, but I KNOW he will make a way to be there. I'm super excited to start teaching him. We taught him Word of Wisdom on Saturday and I asked him if he would follow the Word of Wisdom. He paused and said.. "I really love junk food" (best answer EVER!!!) so we explained it a little bit better, but he told us he would follow the Word of Wisdom and read and pray. I have only met him once but I already love him! :)
 
This week I finished the New Testament.. CRAZY! Before the mission I probably wouldn't have read it. But I'm so happy I did. I learned sooo so much about Jesus Christ and his apostles. As I read it my testimony for the Book of Mormon grew as well. Now I'm trying to read the Old Testament.. not as easy... I'm in Leviticus and man......super confusing!! The scriptures are so important as you read you receive Revelation. Its crazy to me how these books were written so long ago but still help me in all parts of my life. TRUE WORD OF GOD!
 
So I'm in Texas and its football season.....Can you say FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS?? I'm trying to find Tim Riggins.. :)
 
I hope Y'all have a great day/week!!!! Thanks for all your support!
Texas Forever,
Hermana Crandall
 

No comments:

Post a Comment