Monday, August 5, 2013

Divorce Stinks!

Buenos Dias Familia!

This week was one for the journal that's for sure!
Last Monday we had a dinner appointment with one of our investigators, Celestino. He is older and has been talking to the missionaries for 6 years! yes 6 YEARS!! We went to this El Salvadorian restaurant and as we were eating he was asking us about what we do. None of the missionaries before us had ever really told them what we do as missionaries. We started telling him we left our families, job, and school to come and help peoples faith in Jesus Christ grow. He couldn't believe that we don't get to call home or skype or anything for 18 months. I told him Hermano Celestino, I could not be here in Texas talking about the Book of Mormon or our Church if i didn't know it was true! I was kinda bold but told him everything I believe. After I was done talking all he said was, WOW.  I think it really touched him that I was honest with him and willing to say what I believe. We are planning on extending a date for him to be baptized this week.
 
Valentine and Christina..... Where do I even begin. These two are so amazing! Valentine is progressing SO SO well. He is reading the Book of Mormon and the Gospel Principles book. He has come to church 3 times so he can get baptized but yes, we are still waiting on a divorce to go through.. Man I hate DIVORCES. I keep fasting and praying that it will be solved soon. They are so ready to join the church. Last night the Elders were telling us that during priesthood Valentine was answering all the questions and Obispo was asking him things and talking to him about different things and Valentine knew the answers. I'm so happy to see what we are teaching he is actually remembering!! yay!!! The other day we went to go have a lesson and he says Hermana's next week we are having dinner with my friend from work who I have been talking about the gospel with. I need a El Libro de Mormon and for you guys to teach him about Jose Smith.. Me and Hermana Auten looked at each other and laughed! He and Christina are some of the best Missionaries out there! :) I'm excited to meet his friend and teach him! but I think Valentine is even more excited!
 
Last week we contacted this lady Catalina. She is golden. We talked to her about Jose Smith and the Restoration and she was like "oh yeah that makes sense" I was a little surprised when she said that! she has 4 kids under the age of 7 and her husband is in jail. (Migration problems I think) but she is really interested. She is very open and we have taught her how to pray. We have a lesson today with her and are going to teach the Plan of Salvation.
 
Felipe and Maria! Well good news Maria and her 2 kids came to church yesterday!!! I think she really enjoyed it! Christina grabbed her by the hand and showed her to all her classes. I LOVE WHEN PEOPLE FELLOWSHIP!!!! and Christina is an investigator!! We are extending a baptism date TONIGHT!!! I really think she will accept. She has seen the blessing of the Book of Mormon in her life!
 
Last Thursday we had Zone Conference! It was so good! Pres. Pingree is one of the most amazing people I have ever met! Every time he talks to us I learn so much. We talked alot about LOVE and charity and how we need to have charity in our companionship's, in our wards, and towards are investigators.
I have really tried to study Charity. Charity is the pure of Jesus Christ, as we serve those who we are around we have more love for them. As we look at each person as a Child of God we see them for what they become. I'm so grateful for an awesome Mission President who receives revelation for me personally. I'm so grateful for my family and the support they give me! 
 
I hope you all have a wonderful week. BE HAPPY AND PRESS ON!! 

LES QUIERO
 
TEXAS FOREVER! 
Hermana Crandall
My Companion Hermana Auten and I

1 comment:

  1. If you can a truly Christian, you know its a against God' Rule. Hope it make sense.

    God Bless!

    click here to the family international

    ReplyDelete