Monday, July 1, 2013

Cockroaches, car problems, and Hope!

FAMILY!!!!!
Hello hello!! Happy P-day to all of you!! :)
So today my email might be short sorry.. WE ARE GOING TO THE CITY TODAY!! I'm really excited, I haven't been yet.
 
Last week was a roller coaster!! I was feeling really good about my Spanish and thought that I might be able to speak it!! I have noticed that some days I understand and speak alot better then other days! But I'm learning to be patient. crazy right? me patient!
Anyways, one experience I had this week that was kinda crazy.. on Wednesday it was BLASTED hot.. like 113 and we walked pretty much all day. We were so tired.... our last appointment was at 8 and we were going to teach them the Restoration. So we go in and start talking to them (this day the Spanish wasn't so good) I was feeling really discouraged. its hard when you want to tell someone something so bad and you just can't.. anyways the lesson went on and I was sitting on the couch and I started to feel like there was something on my back. I ignored it.... then I was looking on the floor and in the kitchen and noticing TONS of cockroaches. I looked down at my legs and my feet were covered!! All I could do was just sit there and smile and talk about Joseph Smith!! So as I'm talking...... well trying..... I just couldn't hold my emotions together. So yes, I started crying right in the middle of the lesson. Between the bugs and not being able to communicate it made me so frustrated! When I started to cry the investigators actually started to listen to me. They said that they could tell that what I was trying to tell them was really important to me and so that made them want to listen to me. We don't know if they really would have listened to us if i hadn't started to cry. :) It was a really amazing experience.
 
Saturday we were contacting ALL day and we had some really awesome experiences and lessons. That night we were leaving an appointment and went to our car... WELL OUR CAR WAS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We both started freaking out and wondering if it got stolen.. right before the lesson my wallet was laying on the floor of the car and I got a feeling to just put it in my bag so I did..... GOOD THING! The couple over the mission cars called the towing place and sure enough our car was there. We had to find a ride home so we called like everyone in our ward. Our angel Hermana Reyes came and saved us. she couldn't come right away so we walked to HEB (grocery store) and did are nightly planning and passed out JesuCristo cards! :)
 
We have had some AMAZING lessons this week. Our investigators are all progressing so amazingly! Maria and Emily had to move back there baptism  because they couldn't come to  church yesterday! :( it was really sad but I know that everything happens for a reason. Heavenly Father is blessing our area so much right now and we are meeting new investigators everyday! 
 
This week I have been studying about HOPE and what it means to have hope. I LOVE Ether:12 4-6. In Preach my Gospel it has a bunch of Christlike attributes that we can work on! Everyone should really study those. I know it has helped me soooo MUCH!!!
 
A few fun things that are happening this week.... Hermana Rife and I live across the street were they shoot off fireworks for the 4th of July.. we will be camping out on our balcony..... we are going to the city today!! and Paola Casco my Instagram friend got approved to do a mini mission with us this week!! So she will live with us this week! yay!!
 
THANKKKKKKKK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO WRITES ME!! I love reading your letters!! I promise I write you back ... sooon :) Brityn your family is adorable the letter max wrote me was so good!!! I UNDERSTOOD IT!!! and the picture is hanging up by my desk! Uncle Curt's family!!! Thanks for your letters! it sounds like you guys are doing great!! BROOKE COMSTOCK I WILL EMAIL YOU NEXT WEEEK  SORRY DON'T HAVE TIME THIS WEEK!!  and lastly THANK YOU HERITAGE WARD RS!!! THAT POSTER MADE ME CRY! I absolutely loved it!!
 
Thank you Heritage Ward R.S!! 
 
LOVE YOU ALL!!! HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!!
HERMANA CRANDALL
Sister Missionary Tan lines!! We walk alot....in the Houston sunshine!!

Us!

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy reading your letters each week. You're a hoot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all the problem in communicating, bugs all over your feet, and the missing car – I agree about this being a rollercoaster-like experience. But just like what others would say, everything has a brighter side. And for you, it did end well. The investigators did listen to you and your car was found. I just hope the bug problem was solved quickly as well.

    Barbara @ LibertyPestInc.com

    ReplyDelete