Monday, July 22, 2013

A week of Miracles!

Hello hello!!
 What a crazy week it has been!! I don't really know where to begin, Hermana Rife left me. it was so sad! I'm still sad.. its been a rough week for me!  Its hard to say goodbye to someone you were with 24/7 for the last 12 weeks.
I guess everything good has to come to an end right? :)
I got a new companion Hermana Auten. She is from L.A., she is really nice but super quiet so that's kinda a struggle. I'm super excited to serve with her!
 
This week we had so many miracles!!!
We are teaching this family Maria and Felipe. They are the best EVER! seriously, I love them. They are progressing really well and they are loving the Book of Mormon and are studying the pamphlets that we use from our lessons. On Friday night we taught them about Plan of Salvation and you could see the light go on in their eyes. it made complete sense to them. We extended a soft baptismal date and they accepted. Our ward mission leader has been coming to our appointments with them and they love him. MEMBER PRESENTS ARE THE BOMB!
 
We have been teaching Valentine for about 1 month. His girl friend Christina is being taught by the English elders. so we are both teaching them right now. At first I didn't have any hope for Valentine. We felt like he wasn't listening to us at all. He does not like to be told what to do. :)  But this week we made some progress. We went to say goodbye to him and Christina and taught a lesson about obedience. I think he could understand a little bit more and then on Saturday we watched the restoration DVD. He loved it! He would not stop saying. " ayyy jose smith vio a dios y jesucristo. muy muy bontia!!"  I think something clicked in his little brain. It was really awesome then him and Christina came to church yesterday.. which that's a whole different story!!!
 
We had a baptism for Cassie Casco yesterday, it was so beautiful! Valentine and Christina were able to come with us! After the baptism I asked Valentine if he wanted to be baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He said, yes!!!!!!! so we are hoping to get him and Christina married so they both can get baptized!!
 
So about church....We got to church and our investigator Daniel came. He is so ready to be baptized but is NEVER home for us to teach him. This family we have been working with came to church as a family yesterday!! They have been members for 4 years but inactive for 3 1/2 years... I seriously about fell over when I saw them come into church!!!! My heart was so happy!! They have 2 kids who aren't baptized but are eligible so we are working with them!! I feel like Re-activation's are JUST as good as baptisms!! I'm  really excited for them to come to church! VALENTINE and CHRISTINA came to church as well!! Valentine enjoy meeting the members. He has a lot of questions about the church and Catholic church that we can't really answer, but there is a Hermano in the ward who use to be Catholic who is going to help us explain some things!!!

Yesterday was a really good day!! :)
 
My Spanish has improved SOO much this week.. I think it is because my companion is very shy so I do ALL the talking and teaching! Lucky me right?? I knew alot more than I thought I did that's for sure! The gift of tongues is REAL peeps!!
We have 3 new Hermana's in our Ward and only me and Elder Barney have been here for more than one transfer. ahh..... SO stressful! I took over my area and now have help the other Hermana's know what to do as they are all new. I have felt a bit over whelmed but I know that I am being helped!
 
I love you all so much! I can't even believe how fast this summer is going!! honestly! I'm super excited for this transfer. I know it is going to be SUPER difficult but I'm excited to learn so much and be molded. I'm really trying to have companionship unity but it is really hard when the other one is very shut off.  But, just like in the Book of Mormon I have seen God make weak things strong. These people that I am serving and meeting are so amazing and I can truly say that I love them all. I have been working so hard to be exactly obedient so that we can have miracles happen. If I'm not completely emotionally, spiritually, and physically exhausted by the end of the day, I know I didn't give my all.

Thank you for all your love and prayers it really means the world to me!

HUNTIE!!!!!! I SENT YOU A LETTER LAST WEEK.... A REAL HAND WRITTEN LETTER!!!!! TELL ME WHEN YOU GET IT!!

I hope you all have a fun 24th of July! I'll be thinking of Utah that day For SURE!
 
Les Quiero!
Hermana Crandall
This is Isabel....the Elders made her for us so we would never forget them! :)

TEXAS FOREVER! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment