Monday, July 15, 2013

Hey, Hey!

Hi FAMILY!!!!!
I can't believe it's already time to email again! This week went super fast!! Today is the first day of our new transfer! So there is a possibility I could be transferred or Hermana Rife could be transferred.... Anyway you look at it, I'm scared to death!

This week was a really good week! We were able to see alot of our investigators and contact some new people!
We met this man named Lazaro a few weeks ago. He is 70+ and his wife passed away in February. I LOVE LAZARO. He isn't a member of the church but you can tell he is one of the most humble, honest men out there. He has some amazing stories. A few years ago he was given a Book of Mormon so he kinda new about our church. He actually has visited Salt Lake City and Temple Square. This week while we were talking to him, he told us a story that really changed my out look on life.
 He told us back in the 40's and 50's hobos would come to his house and ask for water. Back then, once a week someone would come around and fill their barrels with water. His grandma always told him never to deny someone water. He told us that water is the main thing we need to live on. He said that water is Jesus Christ and that he never denied anyone to come to Him. He healed people with water, His disciples washed His feet with water, He was baptized by water and all these other things. I loved how he related it back to Jesus Christ.
He also said that his goal in life was to be a good son, brother, husband, coworker, friend, neighbor, father, cousin, uncle, and grandfather. I realized that I want to strive to be a good person to everyone. Lazaro's moto in life was "if you don't need, it give it." Lazaro is my hero. I love this man, I wish all of you at home could meet him!!! Him and his wife were married for 47 years!! He loved her so much and every time he talks about her he cries. I was in tears as he was telling us about his life with her! I know that she is going to be a huge part of converting him! The people on the other side of the veil are working so much harder then we are to get there friends and family baptized!
I'm so happy to teach and talk with Lazaro, we are teaching him and he is teaching us so much!
 
 Our Mormon.org family is doing sooo good!! Well kinda.... they haven't been back to church because Jeus works on Sunday's but they are reading the Book of Mormon everyday and praying as a family! You can see the change! The family is just about to finish Alma and the 13 year old son Juan is in 3rd Nephi! Juan is a spacial boy! He already knows that the book is true and he told us it is changing his life! This family is so strong but Satan is working super hard with them! We are just trying to have faith and encourage them as much as possible! I know that everything will work out!
 
This week I finished the Book of Mormon for the 2nd time on my mission! it's crazy how the themes change as you read it over and over. This time the theme was FAITH. I learned so much about faith while reading the Book of Mormon last transfer! Ether 12 is my favorite by far!! My testimony grows everyday when I read the book of Mormon!! I love this book! I know that it is the words of God! We need to share this book with the world! its a book of miracles and of power! its the keystone to our church! as I was about to finish 2 verses stood out to me!! Moroni 10: 32-33  
 
 31 And aawake, and arise from the dust, O Jerusalem; yea, and put on thy beautiful garments, O daughter of bZion; and cstrengthen thy dstakes and enlarge thy borders forever, that thou mayest eno more be confounded, that the covenants of the Eternal Father which he hath made unto thee, O house of Israel, may be fulfilled.
 32 Yea, acome unto Christ, and be bperfected in him, and cdeny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and dloveGod with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be eperfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.
 
I thought about how I need to AWAKE AND ARISE and put on my tag every morning and strengthen the ward and area of Tomball. I want to be perfected in Christ and love God with everything that I have, and serve him with all my might mind and strength. I am so grateful for the prophets in the Book of Mormon and the faith and diligence they had. Even though Nephi saw his people be destroyed he still wrote down everything, with all trails and hardships they went through the endured and made this book possible for us to read!
 
34 And now I bid unto all, farewell. I soon go to arest in the bparadise of God, until my cspirit and body shall again dreunite, and I am brought forth triumphant through the eair, to meet you before the fpleasing bar of the great gJehovah, the Eternal hJudge of both quick and dead. Amen.

I can't wait for  the day that I might meet the prophets of the Book of Mormon and thank them for their diligence and love for God! because of them my life has changed for the better.
 
I hope you all have a great week!
Les Quiero!!
Hermana Crandall

PS. Yesterday after church we had a hurricane!! ok its wasn't a hurricane but CLOSE! haha it rained so hard! we were soo wet by the time we go to the car . it was super fun because the rain is warm.. so we played in the rain for a bit ;)
It was definitely a Hurricane!! :)

It KNOWS how to rain in Houston!!
For Clayci rabbit!

Naysel & Cassie Casco

1 comment:

  1. I know its hard to work away for home but always remember that you have your friend their as your family.

    Keep it up and God Bless!

    the family international locations links

    ReplyDelete