Monday, July 29, 2013

Cheetah print and Houston

MI FAMILIA!!!!! HOLA HOLA!!!
 
Wow this week is umm... WOW! So many things to say..  This week was a very amazing week. We have been working soo soo hard. We are working with a lot of investigators right now which is awesome!
 
This week we met with la familia Moreno (aka Mormon.org) every time we see them I get so happy I just want to jump up and scream! This family is special! They are reading the Book of Mormon everyday as a family and praying together as well. We taught them the Gospel lesson and during the WHOLE lesson I just kept thinking "invite them to be baptized, invite them to be baptized" so at the end of the lesson I'm getting ready to invite them... and my heart just sank. I felt like I needed to ask them if they knew that this church was true and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. They all said "yes". They had prayed about it and they know it is true. I'm so excited for them. We are hoping to extend a baptism date this week!!!! ahh so exciting!

Valentine and Christina... where do I even begin with these people... they are the best example that this gospel changes people lives. They are so happy and LOVE the Book of Mormon. Christina and Valentine don't consider themselves investigators anymore.. she always says I'm not investigating... I'm WAITING.. Yes, she is waiting... for her divorce to go through so her and Valentine can get married. They are so funny!! We see them like 4 times a week because they want to learn more.. on Wednesday Christina sat us down and ask me, ok Hermana Crandall what do I need to know about polygamy? People are going to ask me about it and I need to know what happened so I can tell them and then teach them about the Gospel! I started laughing because she wants to know EVERYTHING so we talked about polygamy. After she was like seriously??? What man WANTS more than 1 wife.... woman are crazy!!  The only reason they would do it is if God commanded them. Super funny.. we love them. She told me when I go home her and Valentine are going to move to Utah.
 
We have done a TON of walking and contacting. I LOVE KNOCKING and CONTACTING. The Lord has put some amazing people in our paths this week.
1.) Christean a 20  year old who loves football and basketball. He is going to Sam Houston University. One day we thought we would go see Eddie.. we don't see him very often because he won't keep his commitments..... anyways that's a whole different story. So we were like ok lets just stop by and see how Eddie is doing.. well when we got there Eddie was outside talking to Christean. So we started talking to both of them. We told him about the Book of Mormon and a little preview of what we do as missionaries. He was LOVING IT!!! I asked him if he would ever want to go to the singles ward and he said yes. So then I asked him if he would ever read the Book of Mormon and he said yes. So by the end of the lesson he had a Book of Mormon, our phone number, and information about the singles ward. As we left he said I'm so happy I met you sisters..... yes that simple phrase made my entire week!
 
2.) We met this guy Michael, he is 26 and has a really hard life. We were walking in this Apartment complex and I saw him in the very back just sitting down so I thought what the heck lets go talk to this guy. So we started talking to him being friends and he told us his entire life story. By the end of the story I just wanted to hug him and tell him that everything was going to be ok..... but I can't hug people.. (well besides the old guys that randomly hug me) but I started talking about the Plan of Salvation and how God has a plan for all of us. He immediately looked at me and just started agreeing we told him about the Book of Mormon and he accepted it and started reading it right then and there! We gave him our number and as we were leaving he ask me if he could call us when he was depressed.. and I turned around and said MICHAEL IF YOU DON'T CALL US WHEN YOUR SAD..... We are not  true friends! He just laughed and said ok.
Man I didn't think I would truly love someone so fast! Michael speaks English so we can't teach him but I know that the Lord led us to him. We gave his info to the English Elders so I hope they can teach him!
 
3.) We have been working this this trailer park for a while now. We walk around, teach our investigators and so on so forth. Well Thursday night after English class we didn't have a set appointment but we still had time before it was time to go home for the night. So Hermana Auten and I agreed to go to this trailer park and see if we could get an appointment with Francisco (who we haven't seen for a week :( ) so we parked and as we parked we see this guy RUN grab his shoes and run towards us. At first I was like shoot where is my pepper spray when I need it! But then he was like I have been waiting for you girls. I was like Really? Can we help you with something. and he was like yeah. i see you guys walk around and talk with people everyday. What are you talking about? My face probably started to beam and I told him "somos missioniars de La Iglesia De Jesucristo De los Santos De los Ultimos Dias. "We help peoples faith in Jesucristo grow", He told us about his life and how he didn't really have a religion. We talked about The Book of Mormon and asked him if he would read it....he agreed, we talked to him for an hour or more about what we do as missionary's and our beliefs. He told us he notices how diligent we were to working everyday no matter how hot or rainy it was. He knew that we were doing something important.
 
I know that the Lord is using us as his tools. I'm so happy for the miracles I saw this week. My testimony of this work grows every second of everyday! I'm so happy to be apart of it!
i hope you all have a wonderful week! Look for people to share the gospel with!

TEXAS FOREVER!!
                           Hermana Crandall

 

No comments:

Post a Comment