Monday, July 8, 2013

Hello...Hola!

Hello Hello My Dearest Family!!

This week has been AMAZING! So much has happened.

First off..... Last Monday we went to the city! It was so fun to see a different part of Houston. Hermana Rife, Hermana Gutierrez and Hermana Zebriskie and 5 elders that are in the area all went to The Houston Museum! It was really fun to just walk around and have a little fun!! After that we went downtown and walked around this park. I think I forgot how much I love the city. I love being out in the country but I LOVE THE CITY!!! It was nice because it wasn't to hot that day so we were able to walk around and enjoy the nice weather!!! 








  On our way back from the city we were heading to a member house and we were driving down the street and Hermana Rife and I looked over at the same time and saw this guy beating this girl. She was on the ground and he kept hitting and kicking her as hard as possible. We called 911 and reported what was happening. We pulled off the side of the road and we got out of the car and told this guy what was happening. After everything was settled down we started sharing our purpose as missionaries with this guy, we gave him all the information about the church and our phone number. He seemed Super interested!! It was a little miracle that came out of that situation!!

This week we had Paola Casco with us, it was so much fun! She is going to be an amazing Missionary when she can go! she helped me alot with my Spanish and gave me alot of confidence in myself. I know that God places people in our life's for a reason. I think her family was place in my life for a reason! They are so kind and welcoming! When ever I talk to them I feel like I'm talking to my own family.
We were able to contact alot of people with her. 
In our Area Book there was this guy Celestino.. he had been taking lessons from the missionaries for 6 years. Hermana Rife had meet him a few times. So we decided to go and see how he was doing. Well we get there and are just talking and he looks at me and says "practice on me" (my Spanish) so I tried to spit out the 5 questions that I  know.....then I just stopped and shared Mosiah 2:17 and just talked about Service. After I was done he looked at me and told me " DON'T FEAR GOD IS USING YOU AS HIS INSTRUMENT and DON'T BE AFRAID. YOU ARE TRYING YOUR BEST TO COMMUNICATE WITH ME THE THINGS THAT ARE IMPORTANT TO YOU. WHEN YOU SPEAK PEOPLE LISTEN TO YOU. DON'T HAVE FEAR." it was pretty intense but a huge answer to my prayers!
 One of our investigators who we haven't been able to get in with lets us in the other night. Hermana Rife entertained her CRAZY BUT CUTE kids while Paola and I taught her, Catalina was shocked that I could speak Spanish. I was shocked too! :) It was so awesome!!
 
THE 4TH OF JULY WAS THE BEST EVER!!!!!! Seriously that day we had an amazing Conference with President Pingree about Faith and that the opposite of Faith is Fear and Doubt. It was seriously so amazing to learn from him! If you guys get the chance, read the talk  Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ by Elder Kevin W. Pearson. Later we had weekly planning and we notice that there were a ton of people lined up and down the street by our house. so we grabbed tons of mormon.org cards and pass along cards and contacted all afternoon. We got some really awesome contacts and referrals for the English PEEPS! That night we had a fire in our fireplace and roasted hotdogs and smores and WE HAD THE BEST VIEW of the FIREWORKS. 
That night we pulled out our beds to the balcony and slept outside!! it was so fun!!







 
So Christina is this lady who is like SOOOO PREPARED!!! The English Elders are teaching her and we are teaching her boyfriend.. well we kinda teach Christina too!! I love her. she has had a REALLY hard life but she is so happy. She was having a really hard week so the English Elders and us  took her and Valentine to the Temple to see it. She had never seen it before. It was a powerful experience to witness someone see the temple for the first time. I will never forget that moment.

 
Well I better get going!! I hope you all have a great week!!
GOOD LUCK AT GIRLS CAMP MOM!!! I'll be praying for you!! thank thank thank thank so much for the 4th of July package! We LOVED IT! You guys are the best ever!!
 
ADIOS!
HERMANA CRANDALL

No comments:

Post a Comment